Product Spotlight: HV Series Vent Silencers
Posted in Uncategorised, on February 19, 2021 By Admin
For many different industrial applications, vent silencers are needed to reduce unwanted noise created by airflow in a pipeline. Vent silencers can be used with steam boiler relief valves, superheater header relief vales, boiler startup and purge, high-pressure air vents, switch valves, and more. McRae Engineering is proud to supply top-notch vent silencers to our clients, for use in a wide variety of industries.
In today’s blog, we will be providing an overview of the HV Series of vent silencers.
The HV Series of vent silencers are designed to be as efficient as possible, boasting superior longevity and ease of use. There are two main types of silencers: the annular ring design and the acoustic-tube design.
These vent silencers are welded heavy-duty units. The inlet nozzle and diffuser are constructed of steel. The lined inlet plenum of the silencer is designed with a double shell separated by a layer of acoustic insulation and sound-deadening material. The inner shell is solid to prevent shell-radiated noise and migration of the acoustic fill. This provides optimal sound reduction at all times.
Here are some of the design elements of this product:
- High-efficiency acoustic pack
- Optimum space considerations
- All-welded steel outer shell
- Pack retention with pre-compression
- Lower chamber insulation
- Inlet diffuser, depending on application
Thanks to its advanced design, it is able to provide a plethora of features that puts this product above its counterparts. Here are some of its standard features:
- inlet plenum covered with outer acoustic wrap and lag shell
- highly absorptive fiberglass acoustic fill and heavy-gauge perforated face sheets
- inlet nozzle and diffuser with flange drilled to 150# ANSI standards
- lifting lugs and bottom drain
- heavy-duty welded steel construction
- high-heat aluminum paint system
- vertical or horizontal installation
On top of this, you can utilize a number of optional features such as material construction options including stainless steel, Monel, and Hastelloy. You can also have the vent silencers outfits with inspection openings and mounting brackets, as well as outlet heads and more. Make sure you consult with McRae Engineering to understand your full range of options.
Contact us today for more information!